Clonakilty Agricultural Show are delighted to announce that their show on Sunday, 11th June 2017 will be one of the venues for the live amateur cooking competition “The All Ireland Home Cook Champion “2017.
The Competition will be run in association with the Irish Countrywoman’s Association (ICA). Competitors can apply through their local ICA Guild, through their local regional agricultural show or the following websites www.ica.ie, www.irishshows.org or www.chefadrian.ie.
After an evaluation process finalists will then cook off live at one of six national shows, 5 regional finals and The All Ireland Final. The Competition tag line is “Creativity with Irish Ingredients” The competition will be run alongside cooking demonstrations by TV3 and RTE chef Adrian Martin (Chef Adrian). The cooking demonstrations and live cooking competition will take place alongside an artisan food village. Ingredients for the live cook offs will be revealed to the competitors 10 days before each regional final.
The prizes for the All Ireland Finalists this year are as follows
Third, Fourth, Fifth, and sixth €200
Competition entrants must be
- 18 or over as of 1st May 2017.
- You cannot have acquired any third level or other professional catering qualifications in the last 10 years.
- You cannot have worked full-time as a chef in a restaurant.
- All contestants must be amateur cooks. If you have previous professional kitchen experience that the organisers deem (in their entire discretion) could create an unfair advantage you may not be eligible.
- You must be available to participate in the regional final and the All Ireland final cook off (if chosen), see dates and locations of shows close to you. Final cook-off, All Ireland Final will take place at Iverk Show, Co. Kilkenny Saturday 26th August 2017.
Each entry must consist of
- A completed application form which includes one full recipe including step-by-step instruction as to how the dish is cooked.
- Entries must be submitted 10 days before each regional final.
- Entrants must use local produce (all Irish ingredients).
- All recipes should demonstrate creative use of ingredients.
- Preparation and cooking time for the dish must be completed within one hour (this will be applicable also in the regional finals and The All Ireland Final).
For further queries please email email@example.com or Tel: 0035387 2681635
For further details contact John Martin of Martin Event Management on 0872681635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.